(to) change one's mind - යමෙකුගේ තීරණය අදහස වෙනස් කිරීමට තමයි මෙය භාවිතා වන්නේ(to change one's opinion or decision)
- Brandon wasn't going to take a vacation this year, but then he changed his mind and went to Bora Bora for two weeks.
(බ්රැන්ඩන් මේ අවුරුද්දේ නිවාඩුව ගත කරන්න කොහාටවත් යන්න හිතාගෙන සිටියේ නැහැ. ඒත් පස්සේ ඔහු සති දෙකකට බෝරා බෝරා යන්න හිත වෙනස් වුනා.)
Why aren't you applying to medical school this year? Did you change your mind about becoming a doctor?
(ඇයි ඔබ මේ අවුරුද්දේ වෛද්ය විද්යාලයට යන්න ඉල්ලුම් නොකරන්නේ? මොකද දොස්තර කෙනෙක් වෙන්න තිබුන අදහස වෙනස් කළාද?)
- After Chris got canned, it took him a year to find a new job.
(ක්රිස්ගේ රස්සාව නැතිවුනාට පස්සේ අවුරුදු දෙකක්ම ගියා අළුත් රස්සාවක් හොයා ගන්න).
- Lisa is a lousy secretary. She deserves to get canned!
(to) hang in there - යමක් අත්නොහැර කෙසේ හෝ රැදී සිටින්න කියන්න තමයි භාවිතා කරන්නේ.
- I know you're four games behind, but you can still win the tennis match. Just hang in there!
- Hang in there, Don! Your invention will soon be a success.
if worse comes to worst - වැඩේ නරකම අතට හැරුනොත්/ සිදුකරගෙන යනදේ හරියන්නෙම නැත්නම් කියන දේකට භාවිතා කරන්න පුළුවන්.
- Ted's car isn't running well. If worse comes to worst, he can take the bus to school.
(ටෙඩ්ගේ කාර්එක ස්ටාර්ට් වෙන්නෙම නැති වුනොත් බස් එකෙන් හරි ඔහුට පාසටල යන්න පුළුවන්.)
- I know you're running out of money. If worse comes to worst, you can always sell some of your jewelry.
- Even when he was unemployed and homeless, Bill managed to keep his chin up.
- Keep your chin up! You'll find your lost dog soon.
- David was locked out of his house. He knew that as a last resort, he could always break a window.
- I don't like taking medicine. I'll only take it as a last resort.
- Jenny was earning $5 an hour working at the store. She was really living from hand to mouth.
- George is really poor. He lives from hand to mouth.
- Leo was upset that his soccer game was canceled. His mother said, "Look on the bright side, now you can stay home and watch TV."
- You lost your job? Look on the bright side, now you'll have more free time!
- Kimberly wasn't able to make ends meet so she had to ask her parents to pay her rent.
(කිම්බර්ලි අතේ තිබෙන මුදල් වලින් ඇයගේ නිවාස කුලිය ගෙවා ගත නොහැකි නිසා ඇය සිය දෙමව්පියන්ගෙන් එය ගෙවිය හැකි දැයි අසා සිටියා).
- If you can't make ends meet, you'll need to start spending less.
(ඔබ සතුව තිබෙන මුදල් වලින් ඔබගේ වියහියදම් පියවා ගැනීමට නොහැකි නම් ඔබගේ වියදම් අඩු කිරීමයි කළ යුත්තේ).
- Gary was out of work for a year before finding a new job.
- Bob is out of work. Do you know anybody who might want to hire him?
- Ted was in love from the moment he set eyes on Amber.
(ටෙඩ්ට ඇම්බර්ව දැක්ක වෙලාවෙම ඇය ගැන ආදරයක් ඇතිවුනා).
- Susan knew from the moment she set eyes on Ted's friend Lucas that he would be trouble.
(ටෙඩ්ගේ යාළුවා, ලූකස් ගැන සුසාන් දැනගත්ත වෙලාවේ ඉදලම ඔහු ගැන ඇහැ ගහගෙන හිටියේ ඔහුගෙන් කරදරයක් වෙයිද කියලා).
- I knew when I set eyes on that car that it was the car for me.
- Have you ever laid eyes on such a beautiful flower?
- Jill and Heather were friends, until Heather stabbed Jill in the back by stealing her boyfriend.
- You're firing me after all I've done for this company? You're really stabbing me in the back!
- I wish you would not gossip about me. There is no need to stab me in the back.
- Al is so stressed out about his job that he can't sleep at night.
(to) tell off - කියන්න තිබෙන දෙයක් දැඩිව කියා දැමීමට හෝ කියන්න බලාපොරොත්තුවීමට මෙය යොදා ගන්න පුළුවන්.
- When Ted showed up for chemistry class a half an hour late, his teacher really told him off.
- Patty is going to tell off the plumber because the pipes he said he fixed are still leaking.
- When Ted came home at 4 a.m. last Sunday, his mother said, "Thank goodness you're home! I was so worried about you."
- Thank goodness you didn't go to California on Monday. It rained there every day this week.
- Why run for Governor of New York? Think big: run for President of the United States!
- Ken and Sandra hope to sell their house for $3 million dollars.They always think big.
- Will Ted teach Nicole how to play the guitar? When pigs fly!
- Sure, I'll give you my new laptop. When pigs fly!