(to be) crazy about - මොකක් හරි දේකට ගොඩාක්ම කැමතිවුනාම පිස්සුවෙන් වගේ ආසයි කියන්නේ.
- Amy is so crazy about golf, she'd like to play every day.
- I'm sure Katie will agree to go out on a date with Sam. She's crazy about him!
cup of tea - යමෙකු හෝ යමක් තමන්ගේ රුචිකත්වයට ගැලපීම සම්බන්ධයෙන් පැවසීමට තමයි මෙලෙස හදුන්වන්නේ. එහෙත් බොහෝවිට මෙය භාවිතා වන්නේ විරුද්ධාර්ථයෙන් එම දේ ගැන පැවසීමටයි (the type of person or thing that one generally likes - NOTE: This expression is almost always used in the negative. She's not my cup of tea).
- Hockey isn't Alan's cup of tea. He prefers soccer.
- I know Joy is nice, but she's simply not my cup of tea.
- It's not surprising that Lisa is down in the dumps. Paws, the cat she had for 20 years, just died.
- It's easy to feel down in the dumps when it's raining outside.
- If we have time before the movie, let's drop by Bill's house.
- "Hi, I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd drop by!"
- We had to hang around the airport for an extra six hours because our flight was delayed.
- Nina's boyfriend Boris is coming over soon. She hopes her parents aren't planning on hanging around the house.
- Ted spent all of last summer hanging out by his friend's pool.
- Kathy and her friends like to hang out at the mall
- Last summer, Nicole had a blast backpacking through Europe with some friends.
- Heather spent her spring break in Fort Lauderdale with millions of other college students. She had a blast!
- Marcy and Jose had a good time salsa dancing at Babalu, a nightclub in Manhattan.
- Nora and Jake had a good time on their honeymoon in Maui.
(relax; don't worry)
- You lost your keys? Take it easy, I'm sure you'll find them.
- Stop yelling and take it easy. I'm sure there's a good explanation for why Joe borrowed your car without asking first.
- Don't take this the wrong way, but I liked your hair better before you got it cut.
- Jessica is offended. I guess she took it the wrong way when I told her she should exercise more.
- Ted likes to put sugar on his spaghetti. I guess there's no accounting for taste.
- Tiffany has a tattoo of a squirrel on her leg. There's no accounting for taste.
- "Amber is strange," muttered Nicole under her breath, as Ted was leaving the room.
- Mike agreed to take out the garbage, saying under his breath, "I always do the dirty work around here."
- It might rain later, so our plans for the picnic are up in the air.
- Our trip to Russia is up in the air. We aren't sure we'll get our visas in time. 35